According to the statistics from CDC, more than 40 percent of United States population are deficient in Vitamin D despite they adding vitamin fortifications to so many foods.
- What truly causes low vitamin D?
- Does the obesity epidemic have any thing to do with the low vitamin D?
- How does belly fat affect vitamin D?
What is Vitamin D also called ergocalciferol and what will it do?
Vitamin D plays an important role in the bone metabolism. Although vitamin D has been added to many foods, studies show that >49% of the entire population of the United States are deficient in vitamin D.
According to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, leading obesity medicine physician and founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers, vitamin D is not just a deficiency but a disease mainly due to the effect of the unhealthy belly fat in absorbing the vitamin D.
- What might be causing this epidemic of low vitamin D levels besides lack of vitamin D in the diet and lack of Sun exposure, the other source of vitamin D?
- Could there be something more than just a lack of vitamin D in the diet?
- How about the role of belly fat in absorbing the vitamin D that might artificially cause low vitamin D levels despite getting enough vitamin D in the diet?
How much vitamin D or ergocalciferol do I need?
The amount of ergocalciferol you would like on a daily basis depends on your age.
Vitamin D Recommended doses
- Birth to twelve months 400 IU
- Children 1–13 years 600 IU
- Teens 14–18 years 600 IU
- Adults 19–70 years 600 IU
- Adults 70 and older 800 IU
- Pregnant & breastfeeding women 600 IU
How to lose belly fat in NYC?
If you have excess belly fat and have vitamin D deficiency, it is very important to lose the belly fat in treating the low vitamin D as the belly fat acts like a "sink hol" when it comes to vitamin and just taking excess vitamin D will not solve the problem until you also lose the excess belly fat!What foods give aliment D?
Very few foods naturally have ergocalciferol. Fortified foods give most of the ergocalciferol in yank diets.
Sources of Vitamin D
- Sun light
- Fatty fish like salmon, tuna, and mackerel area unit among the simplest sources.
- Beef liver, cheese, and egg yolks give tiny amounts.
Cancer and vitamin D
Some studies have shown that ergocalciferol might offer protective benefit against carcinoma and maybe even cancers of the prostate and breast.
How can W8MD medical weight loss centers of America help?
If you are overweight or obese, losing weight not only helps with vitamin D, but also with many other issues including reduced risk of over 50 medical conditions. Thanks to Obamacare, your insurance might cover the cost of the weight loss physician visits.
If you have low vitamin D and belly fat, want to lose weight and reduce the risk of low vitamin D levels, you may want to consider the unique insurance physician weight loss and sleep wellness program offered at Sleep Medical Associates - Dr Prab R. Tumpati's office in NYC!
- Vitamin D deficiency on Vimeo
- Vitamin D council
- Healthy eating habits for safe and effective weight loss